WEBSITE USE TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms tell you the rules for using our website WWW.RKMLAW.CO.UK (our site).
- About Us
- Acceptance of Terms and Associated Terms
- Suspension and Withdrawal of the Website
- Your Personal Information
- Usage of Our Contents and Materials – Intellectual Property Rights
- Your Contents and Materials– Intellectual Property Rights
- Rules About Linking
- Exclusions and Liabilities
- Loss or Damage
- Jurisdiction and Governing Law
- RKMLAW.CO.UK is a site operated by RKM Law. (“We”). We are a law firm duly authorised and regulated by the Law Society (SRA No 809711) of the UK and have our registered office at 54 Southgate Road, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, EN65DZ. The location of our office may change without prior notice. However, you can always find the correct office address by running a search on the UK Law Society website (https://www.lawsociety.org.uk).
- Our line of business is to provide legal services to individuals and businesses in the UK and, subject to additional terms, such services may be extended to other jurisdiction. Our services or part of our services may be subcontracted to other individual or businesses. This website is not an e-commerce website and therefore we do not take payment via our website.
- To contact us, please email us on email@example.com or send us a letter to our office address.
Acceptance of Terms and Associated Terms
- We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were drafted on 01 January 2021.
- The website owner reserves the right to update or remove content published on the website. Any content or information on this website are informative only and should not be viewed as a representation or legal advice. We only offer legal advice in writing following a duly signed client care letter. If you have any doubt you are advised to speak to a member of our team to obtain accurate information. Therefore, our contents may be changed, replaced or removed without prior notice.
Suspension and Withdrawal of the Website
- Our site is made available free of charge. In these terms the we reserves the right to suspend or withdraw the site for various reasons.We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
Your Personal Information
Usage of Our Contents and Materials – Intellectual Property Rights
- These terms confirms that all intellectual property rights in the website, and in any material published on it, belong to the website owner or its licensors. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Your Contents and Materials– Intellectual Property Rights
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Policies & Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Policies and Terms.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
- The licences required to permit the website operator to use content uploaded by a user for its own commercial purposes will depend on the type of service it offers and the type of third parties that require rights to use that content.
- As a general rule, a website operator will require a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media. It may also wish to use the content to promote the site or the service.
- In addition, the website operator may want to obtain a licence that allows third parties (for example, other users, partners or advertisers) to use the content for their purposes or in accordance with the functionality of the site.
- The terms should state the period for which these licences are in place, in particular, if they expire when the user deletes the content from the site.
- When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the rights to use that content unconditionally unless you indicate that a licence is required or duly procured.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us in writing to our registered address or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules About Linking
- You may link to our home page or blog page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page or blog page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Policies and Terms
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact in writing to our registered address or email us on email@example.com.
Exclusions and Liabilities
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us in writing to our registered address or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loss or Damage
- Whether you are a consumer or a business user we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
47. In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
- Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations or jurisdiction. In any event, these terms (which reflect English law) would need to be reviewed before their use on a website directed at users in another jurisdiction.
- You must take note that this website is intended to be used in the United Kingdom only and is governed by the law and regulation of the United Kingdom and/or EU regulations subject to Brexit.
01 January 2021